The Bluffs Pet Clinic provides full-service wellness and preventive veterinary care for cats and dogs in Red Wing, MN. We are dedicated to taking excellent care of our pet friends, and we encourage annual wellness visits to keep your pet happy and healthy at all times.
Consistent preventive care is an essential component of your pet’s overall health and can significantly impact their quality of life. At The Bluffs Pet Clinic, we understand that your pet is a cherished member of the family who deserves high-quality medical care delivered with a personal touch. As an AAHA-Accredited facility and Cat Friendly® Practice, our doctors offer high-quality personalized treatment based on a holistic and gentle approach to wellness care. Our services include:
- Complete nose-to-tail physical exam—We evaluate your pet's internal organs, examine eyes and ears and skin for any abnormalities, and check joints and muscles for proper function and development.
- Dental check-up—We assess your pet’s teeth and gums, and discuss the importance of daily brushing for good oral hygiene. We also offer full service pet dental care.
- Vaccinations—We review your pet's vaccinations to make sure they are up-to-date. Our vaccination programs are customized according to your pet’s age, lifestyle, and environment.
- Parasite prevention—We recommend a year-round heartworm preventive and flea and tick preventives to keep your pet safe from external parasites. We also perform fecal tests and intestinal parasite screening for roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms.
- Nutrition Review—We keep track of your pet’s weight at each visit to make sure they maintain a healthy weight. We review diet and nutritional requirements and discuss portion control and exercise guidelines.
- Microchipping—A microchip ID is a recovery identification tool that helps reunite lost or stolen pets with their owners. Microchipping your pet can help avoid unnecessary anxiety and stress if your pet gets lost.
Congratulations on your new kitten or puppy! Puppies and kittens are wonderful additions to the family, and we can't wait to meet your new friend. We recommend bringing your new puppy or kitten to The Bluffs Pet Clinic for their first veterinary visit as soon as possible. Our doctors will perform a thorough physical exam and provide a comprehensive assessment of your pet’s health history.
Our team will develop a personalized vaccination protocol based on your new pet’s age and lifestyle, with vaccines usually administered every 3–4 weeks during the first few months. We also offer a heartworm preventive, external and internal parasite screening, and deworming (if necessary). Please bring a fresh stool sample (less than 12-hours old) to your new pet’s first wellness visit for the intestinal parasite screening. If any medical issues arise our doctors will create a customized treatment plan for your pet.
Feel free to ask us any questions about taking care of your new puppy or kitten. We provide expert guidance and resources on nutrition, behavior, growth expectations, and housetraining. We also offer convenient puppy and kitten wellness plans with inclusive preventive care service options.
Read our blog to learn more about caring for your new family member and how our team can help set them up for lifelong wellness.
Dogs and cats are considered senior when they reach 7 and 9 years of age respectively. Senior pets have special needs and often benefit from frequent veterinary health checks. The Bluffs Pet Clinic recommends scheduling your senior pet for a wellness visit at least once a year, and more visits are suggested if your pet has an underlying medical condition. An early diagnosis of potential disease allows our doctors to provide personalized treatment programs so your pet can recover quickly and enjoy a better quality of life.
We offer annual bloodwork and urinalysis for older pets to evaluate the health and function of the internal organs, and monitor your pet’s blood pressure to check for signs of hypertension. We may use digital x-rays or ultrasound to help us better assess any abnormalities detected from these screening tests. The Bluffs Pet Clinic also provides pain management and laser therapy for senior pets suffering from chronic pain.
For more information on caring for your senior pet and the importance of senior pet wellness care read our blog.
If your pet needs emergency care during our normal business hours, please call us at (651) 388-1103 immediately. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m In the event of an emergency after hours, please contact any of the following facilities.